When creating your artwork, it's always a great idea to make a clipping mask to better visualise your design. Clipping masks will crop any white space surrounding your template so that you can have a clear overview of the flat design.
To create a clipping mask, follow the below steps or watch the video below.
- Unlock the Template layer in the Layers panel
- Select the Template layer
- Click onto die lines
- Go to the Object layer and select Ungroup
- Select the bleed line only (this is the blue outline)
- Copy the bleed line (hit command + C)
- Select your artwork
- Lock your template layer in the layers panel
- Paste the bleed line in place (do this by holding command, shift + V)
- With the selection tool, hold shift to select the artwork so that both the artwork and bleed lines are selected
- Go back to the Object panel and select Clipping Mask – Make